The CHG team of psychologists have the expertise and experience to conduct psychological assessments to assist in the management of work injuries and responses to psychological trauma.
What is a psychological assessment?
A psychological assessment is undertaken by considering information gathered from multiple sources, including reviewing available clinical records and a structured clinical interview regarding medical and personal history. The Psychologist is then able to conduct a range of assessments depending on the individual’s presentation and reason for the referral. Assessments may include; personality, intelligence, and vocational interests and abilities.
Why use a psychological assessment?
A psychological assessment can be used to:
- Assist with providing a diagnosis and the level of dysfunction associated with this diagnosis
- assess a particular area of high or low functioning
- identify suitable employment options or factors that should be considered in employment
- assess psychological fitness for work
- determine the appropriate type of treatment
- assess treatment outcomes
- determine whether a person is at risk of suicide, or is a risk to others.
To find out more, contact the CHG Consultancy Team on (08) 8352 9800 or email us.